Frequently Asked Questions
What type of equipment is available?
- Windsurf boards from JP Australia, Starboard & Goya
- Windsurf Sails from Neil Pryde and Northwave
- Hydrofoils from Cabrinha and Slingshot
- Kiteboards and Kites from Cabrinha
- SUPs from JP Australia, Starboard and Imagine
- Mountain bikes from Specialized
- To secure priority of equipment versus “walk-up” clients
- If combined with accommodation at Palmas de Cortez or Playa Del Sol then you become eligible for the Standard or Premium Sports Package. Click here for details
- A 10% discount is available for pre-booked rentals* and lessons** when paid in full upon arrival.
*min full week rental of windsurfing, kiteboarding or mountain biking equipment.
**min full zero to hero 8hr kite course
Do I need to reserve a specific item of equipment?
We carry a wide range of equipment to suit all shapes, sizes and ability levels in all our rental fleets. We prefer to offer an open pool system whereby the clients have the flexibility to try a range of equipment to suit varying weather conditions. However if you have a very special requirement (e.g. you require XL mountain bike) then we strongly advise you to pre-book specifying your preference and we will do our best to accommodate your requirement.
Is equipment or personal insurance included?
- Personal insurance is not provided. All activities are undertaken entirely at the customer’s own risk.
- Kite, Bike, SUP, Kayak, Snorkel equipment are not insurable. Loss or damage will be charged at replacement or repair cost.
- Windsurf equipment may be insured to a maximum value of $200 for an advance premium of $20 per week.
What are the opening hours of the business?
- The Center is open from 9:00am to 5:00pm seven days per week from 15th Nov to 10th March.
- Guided bike rides typically start at 7:30am – Guided rides are bookable in advance see the mountain bike page of the website for details
What other amenities are at the center?
- All customers may use the free wifi, outside shower, hotel pool, hotel bar.
- There is on-site Cafe Grill Bar with excellent menu and expresso style coffee.
- There is an on-site shop which stocks clothing and gloves and other accessories
- Twice weekly yoga classes are held at Playa Del Sol click here for details
How may I pay?
Accommodation payments are made direct with Hotel. Accommodation must be secured in advance via a deposit equivalent to 20% of the total pre tax accommodation cost. Balance of payment may be made upon checkout.
Activities Payment may be made locally in Cash in $USD or Mexican peso calculated at current exchange rate.
Payment may be made via Credit Card for minimum transaction amount of $50 USD. Credit Card payments incur a 5% Card handling surcharge.
Do I need to bring harness and wetsuit.
- We have a plentiful stock of windsurf and kiteboarding harnesses. But if you have special requirements or preferences then we suggest you bring your own.
- For lessons ALL equipment is included.
- For renters there is an additional charge for wetsuits, harnesses and “on water” helmets. PFD’s (flotation jackets) and bike helmets are provided f.o.c.
- Typically a shorty or short arm wetsuit of around 3mm is sufficient.
- We have limited amount of booties and gloves for purchase in our shop. If it is your preference to wear either of these we strongly suggest you bring your own.
Does somebody provide assistance in fetching and carrying equipment?
Customers are expected to manage the materials they rent by themselves. We will endeavour to provide assistance if required.
Should I bring bike shoes and pedals and bike shorts?
If you have them – then yes please bring them. We have a very limited stock available to borrow. Bikes are fitted with flats as standard.
What else should I bring?
- Good sunscreen (hard to find locally)
- Eye glass retainers
What’s Los Barriles like?
Los Barriles is a great little town with a mix of friendly locals and permanent ex-pat residents.
The town retains its charm but has developed sufficiently to offer a good range of services. For example there are
- Health Centres including emergency services
- Wide range of restaurants and bars
- Car rental services
- Quad/ATV rental services
- Yoga Studios
- Saturday Market
Los Barriles is typically very safe and free from both petty and organised crime.
The town is small enough to explore on foot.
Free wifi is widely available.
Playa Del Sol or Palmas de Cortez with 3 or more days accommodation – click here for details”“SPORTS PACKAGE a special offer exclusive for guests of