Wingfoiling – Combining the best elements of windsurfing, kiteboarding, surfing and foiling
If you’d like to learn to wing foil we have a wide range of lesson plans available.
It doesn’t matter if you are a complete novice with no experience in any wind powered watersport or whether you already are an accomplished practitioner in windsurfing or kiteboarding looking to explore something new – we have a lesson plan suitable for you.
Wingfoil Lesson Prices
Intro to Winging
- Intro to Winging - Duration 1.5hrs$120This one-on-one course will introduce you to the Wing, including set up, pack down and essential safety protocols.
You will first be guided through a series of handling exercises on land to get the feel of the wing and how to use as a means of propulsion and navigation.
You be shown the essentials of how to start – that is how to get on a board and transition from kneeling to standing.
Initially this will be followed by on-water practice using a high volume stable non foiling board such as a SUP or Windsurf training board.
Students will typically not be introduced to the concepts of foiling nor actually try a foil board in this initial lesson
- Intro to Winging Duo - Duration 1.5hrs$95 ppSame as Intro to Winging course but lesson duration shared between two persons (one instructor)
Wingfoil complete course
- Wingfoil full course - 3 x 1.5hr lessons$350This course is typically spread over several days and is intended to be one-on-one with an instructor.
The first session is typically the same as the Intro to Winging Course.
Subsequent lessons aim to introduce the student to the foiling element of the sport.
Please note that students will need to demonstrate a satisfactory aptitude with handling the wing and successful navigation using a SUP or Windsurf Training board before progressing to using a foil board. The instructor reserves the right to make the determination of when the student is ready to make this progression.
- Wingfoil full course Duo - 3 x 1.5hr lessons$250 ppSame as the Wingfoil Full Course (see above) but with the course duration shared between two students (one instructor)
- Additional lessons$100 /hrStudents wishing to take additional hours of instruction may do so on an hourly basis
- Tow in foiling$125 /hrIn the absence of wind, students without prior foiling experience may wish to experience the feel of hydro foiling via being towed behind a jet-ski as a means of propulsion.
Please note that this experience may not be used in lieu of part of an alternative course.
Vela is offering wing and wingfoil rentals from Slingshot Sports
Slingshot Shred Sled Boards
Wingfoil Rental Prices
- Wingfoil Complete Set 1 hr$55/hrWing and Wingfoil board with foil
- Wingfoil Complete Set - Day$95/dayWing and Wingfoil board with foil
- Wing only$65/dayFor clients with own board or in need of different wing size to their own
- Wingfoil board and foil only$65/dayFor clients with their own wing
Please note that priority of equipment usage will be given to satisfy the requirements for lessons.
Participation in all activities is a renters own and 3rd party risk.
There is no equipment insurance available for wingfoil equipment.
Renters are liable for any loss or damage
Included in the rental price.
- P.F.D (Personal floatation device) if required
Available at extra rental cost.
Playa Del Sol or Palmas de Cortez with 3 or more days accommodation – click here for details”“SPORTS PACKAGE a special offer exclusive for guests of